Clan Les Dames Blanches Index du Forum

Clan Les Dames Blanches Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Twin Shadow - Confess (201-2)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Clan Les Dames Blanches Index du Forum -> Partie Publique -> La Taverne
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
myllypamel

Race: Absorbeur

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Mai - 19:56 (2016)    Sujet du message: Twin Shadow - Confess (201-2) Répondre en citant

Twin Shadow - Confess (2012) > bit.ly/1svvJLQ

I'm...spelling...out...my...reality...as...it...is...right...now."...[6]But.this.is.pop.music.where.the.bad.guy.wins.By...Mary...Kate...McGrath,...3...months...ago...C+...Album...Reviews...Album...Review:...The...1975......I...Like...It...When...You...Sleep,...for...You...Are...So...Beautiful...Yet...So...Unaware...ofIt...A...bold,...bloated...sophomore...effort...that...embraces...its...many...contradictionsAt.Metacritic,.which.assigns.a.normalized.rating.out.of.100.to.reviews.from.mainstream.critics,.the.album.has.received.an.average.score.of.76,.based.on.32.reviews.[7]"Twin.Shadow:.Confess"Retrieved..29..June..2013Prince,...legendary...musician...has...died...at...the...age...of...573Ranking:...Every...Radiohead...Album...From...Worst...to...Best4Prince's...vault...drilled...opened...and...there's...enough...music...to...release...a...new...album...every...year...for...the...next...century5Niagara...Falls...turned...purple...the...day...of...Prince's...death...Album...Reviews...Album...Review:...Wolf...Parade......EP4...B...Album...Review:...Marissa...Nadler...Strangers...B+...Album...Review:...Adult...Jazz......EarringsOff!...B-...Album...Review:...Chance...the...Rapper......ColoringBook...A...Album...Review:...Various...Artists......Day...of...theDead...B-...Film...Reviews...Film...Review:...Neighbors...2:...SororityRising...C-...Film...Review:...Weiner...A-...Film...Review:...The...NiceGuys...B+...Film...Review:...Dheepan...C...Film...Review:...Kindergarten...Cop2...D+...More...Stories...Related...Latest...Trending...C+...Album...Reviews...Album...Review:...Bob...Dylan......FallenAngels...The...winter...shadows...have...lifted...on...the...legends...latest...collection...of...Sinatra...coversAlbum...Reviews...•...Hot...Twin...Shadow...Confess...by...Adam...Kivel...on...July...12,...2012,...8:00am...2...comments...C+...Artist...Twin...Shadow...Release...Date...Label...Formats...Share...this:FacebookTwitterTumblrReddit...References...to...the...80s...New...Wave...influences...of...George...Lewis...Jr.s...debut...album...as...Twin...Shadow,...2010s...Forget,...often...seemed...like...they...were...made...apologetically...by...fans...of...the...album^.a.b.Phares,.HeatherCharts[edit]"Twin...Shadow...'Confess'...George...Lewis...Jr's...second...album...is...a...thrill...ride"For.a.while.there,.these.sorts.of.influences.were.a.dime.a.dozen,.and.Lewis.exploited.them,.turning.them.into.something.exciting,.something.his.ownJohn...Berry,...founding...member...of...the...Beastie...Boys,...has...died...at...age...522With...each...show,...The...Cure's...setlist...is...getting...more...and...more...insane310...Radiohead...Songs...We...Want...to...Hear...on...Their...2016...Tour4First...set...photos...of...Alien:...Covenant...are...goddamn...terrifying5covenant-1...1Ranking:...Every...Bob...Dylan...Album...From...Worst...to...Best2With...each...show,...The...Cure's...setlist...is...getting...more...and...more...insane3Shaky...Knees...Music...Festival...2016...Review:...From...Worst...to...Best4Riot...Fest...reveals...2016...lineup,...and...it's...batshit...crazy5Red...Hot...Chili...Peppers...frontman...Anthony...Kiedis...hospitalized...1Drake...releases...new...album...Views:...Stream/download2R.I.PConfess...is...the...second...album...by...Twin...ShadowWhat...you...get...at...the...core...isAfter...a...storming...debut,...Twin...Shadow...follows...up...with...what...is...arguably...a...more...appealling...album...from...start...to...finish"You..Call..Me..On"....3:31..3All...tracks...written...by...George...WJoyful...and...nostalgic...soundscapes...can...be...found...across...the...board...with...highlights...in...Five...Seconds,...Mirror...in...the...Dark...and...You...Call...Me...On…...Expand...0...of...0...users...found...this...helpful...Ricko...Feb...14,...2016...8...After...a...storming...debut,...Twin...Shadow...follows...up...with...what...is...arguably...a...more...appealling...album...from...start...to...finishConfess.basically.magnifies.all.of.what.made.Forget.such.an.amazing.albumThen...theres...the...booming...industrial...stomp...You...Call...Me...On,...which...sways...deliriously...between...bouncing...R&B...bass...riffs...and...abrasive...synthsWhile...his...contemporaries...seemed...to...be...harking...back...to...a...bygone...age...of...crystal-clear...production...by...reinterpreting...it...through...a...haze...of...distortion,...he...embraced...every...heart-pumping,...blood-rushing,...head-spangled...element...of...itWhile..Confess..finds..Lewis..individuality..poured..into..the..brew,..there..are..only..a..few..tracks..on..the..album..that..have..super-powered..hooks,..and..as..a..clear..pop..album,..thats..a..hiccupDefinitely...on...my...top3...of...2012.…...Expand...0...of...0...users...found...this...helpful...harmattan...Jul...13,...2012...9...A...very...strong,...albeit...somewhat...expected,...transition...from...his...earlier...release,...ForgetThis...new...Twin...Shadow...is...a...much...less...likeable...character...than...the...one...we...heard...in...Forget,...but...an...admirable...oneand.Lost.Boys.as.guides^.a.b.Confess.(album).at.Metacritic.Retrieved.22.June.2013At.its.core.this.is.brilliantly.slick,.dapper.rock-popMichael...H"I.Don't.Care".underlines.the.startling.cruelty.of.its.lyrics.with.a.coda.of.grunts"Be...Mine...Tonight/Mirror...In...The...Dark...(...Hidden...Track...starts...at...5:27)"......8:49...Total...length:...43:08...Take...the...standout...5...Seconds......a...dangerous,...rip-roaring...piece...of...pop...brilliance...that...pits...fuel-guzzling...synth...loops...against...drum...punches...so...banging...youll...be...reaching...for...the...ibuprofen...by...the...second...listenWhile...the...lyrics...hold...none...of...the...self-deprecating...terror...of...the...latter,...the...multi-layered,...marshy...intensity...and...distorted...vocals...are...certainly...there;...similarly,...the...song...doesnt...have...that...pure...pop...structure...of...a...Prince...tune,...though...it...does...have...the...chugging...guitars...and...fuzzy...synthsOn..the..follow-up,..Confess,..he..further..distances..himself..from..those..other..80s..revivalists,..both..by..having..outlasted..them..and..by..further..pushing..the..retro..influences..into..something..personalForget.hinted.at.traumatic.experiences.that.Lewis.was.trying.to.process.years.after.the.fact.and.figured.he'd.be.better.off.ignoring,.whereas.Confess.doesn't.actually.cop.to.much--.just.the.challenge.to."say.just.what.you.mean.and.give.up.everything.".So.then.it's.curious.that.during.one.of.the.softer.moments.of.Confess,.Lewis.admits,."I'll.cry.when.the.movie's.over.".He's.the.cocky,.successful,.brutally.honest.lothario.who.almost.always.gets.his.comeuppance.in.cinema.and.is.verboten.in.indie.rockTwin..Shadow..has..surprised..me..with..how..much..I..like..his..stuff..and..I..would..definitely..recommend..you..check..out..his..first..two..albums.…..Expand..0..of..0..users..found..this..helpful"The.One".is.a.rare.moment.of.devotion.communicated.with.blinding.acoustic.glare,.while.the.exaggerated.courtship.of."Beg.For.the.Night".accents.its.chorus.with.the.utmost.of.new-money.sounds,.the.orchestra.hit. f5880b0734

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Mai - 19:56 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Clan Les Dames Blanches Index du Forum -> Partie Publique -> La Taverne Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange